Techni Ice STD 2 Ply Dry Ice Sheets
The 2-layer STD product with plastic on one side and fabric on the other is designed for the one-way transport of food and perishables, pathology samples, vaccines etc, or to be given to customers with their seafood, chocolate, cheese etc during the warmer months. This product also works great if you are going camping and are not planning on bringing any food back!
The main reason we call the product disposable is that the textile surface gets dirty with a few uses and is not considered hygienic thereafter. In certain circumstances it can be used as a dry ice replacement. The main advantage of Techni Ice in comparison to other ice packs and gel packs is that it is able to be frozen down to dry ice temperatures and unlike dry ice is not classified as a dangerous good.
- Place Techni Ice sheet in water (preferable warm water, as hydration will be faster) and scrunch sheet while completely submersed in water to release air bubbles.
- Allow each sheet to unfold while still submersed so as to absorb water. NOTE: The sheet of Techni Ice should be completely submersed during the entire process.
- Techni Ice will expand to a fully hydrated pack, with each cell about 2 cm in width. Massage any lazy cells, which have not expanded.
- Remove them from the water and towel dry thoroughly. This ensures that any excess water does not become ice on the outside of the sheet during the freezing process.
- Your Techni Ice is ready to freeze or heat.
To FreezePlace Techni Ice in the freezer for at least 24 hours for best results. Freezer can be set at the lowest possible temperature during the freezing process for even greater performance. It is recommended that Techni Ice 2 Ply is frozen with plastic facing down to avoid the textile from sticking to the freezer plate or the textile of another ice pack.
- Cooler Bag - 1 to 3 Sheets
- Small Icebox (20 Liter) - 3 Sheets
- Family Ice (45 Liter) - 6 Sheets or more